10:35 AM

Dating in 140 Characters or Less

I was talking to a friend the other day who was telling me about this girl he met at a coffee shop. She noticed that he had the same laptop as she did and sparked a conversation. They talked for an hour before she had to go.

“Did you get her number?” I asked.

“No, but I got her Twitter. That’s even better!” he replied.

Wow. What a world we live in.

Is it really better to get attached to someone’s Twitter? As he explained to me, it allowed him and her to get to know each other based upon what they were doing in their lives instead of the front that we put up on the phone. I, of course, countered that the lives we lead online are often not the best indication of reality.

I didn’t make a difference. He felt that she had just opened a door to her inner circle of friends, an intimate view of her world that only a select couple of hundred other people have. Oh well.

I might as well go get a wedding gift now.

0 comments: